We have been growing tobacco here is PA for years with great success. We sell our seed on online but decided to also offer them locally. All our seed is heirloom quality. We use lab grade pollen isolation bags to ensure pure strains and prevent cross breeding. Seed packs are $6 apiece, $12 for 3. or $20 for all 7. You can contact me to come by in person, or mail cash or check with a note describing what you want.
1. Golden Burley - This is probably our favorite tobacco of all time. The plants are both tall and very wide, producing large harvests. Leaves are enormous, reaching 34" in length and up to 18" across. It has a mild nutty flavor burley is know for. Leaves turn bright yellow when ripe. It cures to a light golden brown. Burley is an excellent base tobacco when mixing blends. Golden Burley cures incredibly well. Excellent cigarette base, cigar filler, pipe tobacco, and top choice for chewing tobacco. Medium/High nicotine.
2. Virginia Brightleaf - This tobacco has a lot of history. Produces huge, long dark green leaves. One of the tallest plants we have seen. Our personal best topped out at 12 feet tall! Cured leaves range from medium brown to dark orange. Flavor is sweeter and medium bodied. Great in any application. Low/medium nicotine levels.
3. Black Sea Samsun - This is a Oriental/Turkish variety that originates in the Samsun region of Turkey near the Black Sea. Samsun has a very unique, rich flavor. Plants and leaves are the smallest of the tobaccos listed here. The largest leaves measure around 12" long and 8" wide. Cured leaves range from bright yellow to deep brown. Plants usually grow to around 5-6 feet tall. Due to their smaller size plants can be spaced closer together in the garden. Samsun is generally used as a blending tobacco added for flavor. Very expensive commercially. Medium nicotine.
4. Long Red - Long Red is a cigar variety that grows well just about everywhere. Many cigar tobaccos an be tricky to grow, but not Long Red. It is a heavy producer of very long leaves. The leaves make excellent binder and filler. Larger lower leaves provide excellent wrapper as well. Though classified as a cigar strain, it is delicious in a cigarette blend. Leaves cure to a beautiful reddish brown. Medium to full bodied with medium nicotine.
5. African Red - African Red is a distant descendant of white stemmed burley. It has been cultivated in South Africa for decades and is a relative newcomer to U.S. growers. It is a POWER HOUSE. Flavor is reletively mild, but packs a whopping 29.8 mg of nicotine per gram of dried leaf. In perspective, that is about 3-4X the potency of your average Burley leaf. African red is great for boosting nicotine content in milder blends, and makes great chewing tobacco. Goes well in full bodies cigar. I suggest not smoking it straight unless you have a high nicotine tolerance, though it is quite tasty. Plants grow to 8-10 feet tall and produce medium size lime green leaves that yellow when ripe. Average leaves measure 16" long and 13" wide. It is a heavy producer and air cures quickly and easily. Has a mild/medium bodied flavor. ++Heavy nicotine content.
6. Stag Horn - This tobacco is classified as a Dark Air Cured variety, but is actually a burley strain. Stag Horn is one of the better producers of the Dark Air varieties. It grows long, sharply pointed dark green leaves. Cures to a deep brown with a reddish tint. Stag Horn has a rich semi sweet taste that is excellent in cigars, pipe blends, and chew. Not traditionally used in cigarettes.....but it tastes great to me! A very underappreciated strain. Medium nicotine content.
7. Little Yellow - Old fashioned Dark Air Cured. Plants are medium sized, standing 5-6 feet tall. Leaves are also medium, averaging 14"X24" and dark green. Leaves will air cure in 4-6 weeks to a dark chocolate brown. Flavor is robust and sweet with that unique Dark Air Cured flavor. Medium nicotine content.